We all have different goals and purposes with our workouts, and one of mine is definitely operation booty! Haha I wanna make my butt bigger, and try to emphasize glutes and hamstrings on my leg day workouts. In my personal opinion the quads are always active anyway, so I don’t feel the need to do exercises that target them specifically. The other day my sister and I had such a good leg day, we combined some of our favorite exercises to create a great session. This was 2 days ago and I’m still incredibly sore. Especially in my hamstrings, lawwwd Jesus!
- Kneeling Squats in smith machine: 4 x 12
- Cable pull-throughs: 4 x 12
- Bridges in smith machine: 4 x 12
- Sumo squats with dumbbell: 4 x 12-16
- Cable kickbacks: 4 x 12 each leg
- Side step with elastic band: 4 x 25-30 steps each side
- Hamstring curl on a bench with dumbbell: 4 x 12
- Hamstring curl with fitness ball: 4 x 12
- Back extensions with focus on glutes: 2 x 16-20
We did the exercises in sets of 2, and then back extensions as a painful finale. So we were altering between 2 my sister and I; for example one of us did a set of kneeling squats while the other did the cable pull-throughs, and then we switched back and forth.
Try it and let me know what you think! 😀