My awesome leg and shoulder workout
I finally went back to the gym yesterday, and of course I did a leg day! Felt soooo good to be back, and I had a great session! Today I did a shoulder workout and finished off with abs, I got such a great pump in my shoulder muscles. I feel so excited about being back in the gym, and am already planning what I’ll do tomorrow, and this weekend 😀 Anyway, I thought I’d share both my leg and shoulder workout with you guys, maybe there’s someone out there who’d need some inspo? These were both “new” routines for me, sometimes you get stuck doing the same exercises, but these workouts are a bit changed up. Especially the one for shoulders 🙂
Leg and shoulder workout:
Warm-up, Leg press: 2 x 20
- Squats in the smith machine: 4 x 10
- Kneeling squats in the smith machine: 3 x 10
- Leg curl machine (hamstrings): 4 x 12
- Straight leg deadlifts with dumbbells: 4 x 12
- Cybex squat press (the leg press machine where you push more upwards): 4 x 10
After this my legs were barely keeping my up straight!
Warm-up, upright rows – shoulder press – front raises with dumbbells 2 x 10 on each with no rest in between the each exercise.
- Shoulder press: 4 x 10
- Shoulder circuit; front raise – Y raise – T raise: 4 x 10 on each
- Shoulder press machine: 4 x 8, with drop sets x 10
- Face-pulls with cable: 4 x 20-15-12-8 (increasing weights)
- Upright row with cable: 4 x 10-12, plus a drop set of x16
I finished off with 4 sets of 3 abs exercises, and now after having had dinner I’m dead. I’m sure I’m gonna be super sore in my shoulders tomorrow, my hamstrings are killing me from yesterday. Love it!